Many of us suffer from spine health issues and therefore know how important it is to talk about them. Usually, spine pain and damage happen due to unbalanced posture, slouching, and even standing. It undoubtedly is a big concern, and therefore we have come up with tricks and tips on how to align the spine naturally. Keep reading to learn simple hacks and keep your spine aligned and strong.
Tips for how to align the spine naturally?
As per the WHO health guideline, a healthy adult must sleep for at least 8 hours a day. Those 8 hours too can do a blunder to your spine health. So ensure that you take care of your spine health even while in bed. The best way to do that is:
- Note that if you sleep on your sides, take a flat pillow and place it between your legs. This trick helps you keep your spine aligned and straight. Try to sleep on your back or side than your stomach.
- Use a flat pillow and put it under your head. This ensures that your upper back, especially your neck has enough support.
- If you have spine health issues and usually face pain, go for a medicated cushion or pillow.
- People nowadays invest money in buying foam spring mattresses without considering how back it affects their spine health. Therefore, select a firm one or look for memory foam or latex while looking for a mattress.
Did you know that even driving and daily commutes can too deteriorate your spine health? Scientific researches show that a driving commutation for an hour can trigger multiple lower spine problems. However, the best way to avoid that is by:
- Move the seat up until you are able to press the foot pedals with your knees still bend.
- Sit in the middle of the seat and lean back slightly to provide support to your back.
- Avoid reclining your seat far. Stick to the 5-degree recline mark to avoid worsening spine health.
- Align your hips with the knees by raising the seat. If it doesn’t work, consider putting a cushion under your posterior.
- Level the top of the headrest with the top of your head for overall support to your spine.
Doctors usually recommend patients go for a walk when they report spine health issues. The primary reason behind the same is when we walk our body, particularly our spine straightens up completely. However, correct posture while walking is mandatory. Otherwise, you will deteriorate your spine health, therefore:
- While walking, envisage that the top of your head and your hips are attached to a string and walk accordingly.
- Watch your steps. If you have spine health issues, avoid taking long strides as it can be painful.
- The primary reason why walking leads to spine pain is that you use your phone. So, put your phone away, look straight ahead, and posture your chin parallel to the ground.
Wasn’t sitting supposed to be relaxing? It undoubtedly is, but it can still put pressure on your disc and hamper your spine health. Therefore, while sitting, keep in mind these points:
- Being a couch potato or seated in an ergonomic office chair can hurt your spine. Therefore stand up and walk once every 45 minutes. Stretch your arms, legs, and bend backward to stretch the spine.
- Avoid slouching or leaning forward. Keep your spine straight and aligned against your chair.
Lifting heavy weights is the most common cause of spine pain, and it is essential to take necessary precautions to have stabilized spine health.
- While lifting weights, avoid using your back; instead, use leg muscles.
- Never bend on your waist; try bending at your knees.
- If you carry a heavy shoulder bag, alternatively shift sides; otherwise, it can affect your spine health.
- If you lift a heavy object, keep it as close to your chest as possible.
- While carrying heavy backpacks, roll and shrug your shoulders regularly and take rests.
All of these methods are derived after hours of discussion and therefore work ideally for everyone. However, these are just precautionary measures; they can’t cure spine injuries or spine health extremities. If you have any chronic spine health issues, our team of proficient chiropractors can help you with spinal problems. Realign spine offers one of the best spinal care programs, including surgical procedures, chiropractic care, and interventional treatment. For more information, visit us at Realign spine.